Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hello 2018



Photo by Sam Beasley on Unsplash


I'm alive, but Blogger doesn't know it and asked me for my password. Which felt so uncomfortable. Like seeing an old high school acquaintance in a crowded bar, you should know them and they should know you, but you both don't really want to dredge up ancient history.

Thankfully, Google, unlike deadbeat high school friends, remembers your password, or at least resends it to you when you forget.

I feel like I forget how to blog to be quite honest. Which also feels kinda crumby because I think I used to be good at it. I definitely have always enjoyed it. And somehow in all the busy-ness I've let this drop which was not intentional. I am definitely a creature of habit so once I was out of the habit of blogging it seemed so impossible to pick up again. I've never had a sole purpose to the blog other than it for me to be an outlet to post whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm not a good documenter of everything my family does, and I hope my children's memories suffice. In these post-blog days we're not really defined by "niche" or "audience" or "sponsorships" much. Which is all alright for me, because I really just enjoy the practice of writing, the exchange of thoughts and lives of other women online. You're all a treasure for reading!

I've been busy elsewhere doing fun, creative "work" that really brings me life that I'm so grateful for. I love podcasting. I love writing and contributing to Blessed is She. They've both been richly rewarding for the amount of time I put in, which at times is definitely not as much as I wish I could put it.

But 2018, I'm going to blog. It might not be often, or earth-shattering, or well-curated, but dang it, it's going to be published. And if that's not a rousing endorsement to follow the heck out of this space, then you're a far more discerning reader than I!




follow along:

facebook ~ instagram ~ pinterest

20 comments:

  1. I'll be here to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year - I love your blog and am glad to see you back! As much as I love Instagram, reading actual blog posts will always be my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back! I'm a frequent listener of the podcast, but love reading blogs also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that image of the blogger as an old HS acquaintance was spot on!!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love it, bring back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2018 is going to be a great year if you get back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!! I got so excited when I saw you had a new post up, and I am thrilled that you're going to try to hop back on here more often! To be perfectly honest, my absolutely favorite blogs to read are not the ones with well-curated, well-edited, polished posts. My favorites are the blogs that have very real, raw, rambly posts about daily life and reflections about anything under the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    Just discovered you through Blessed is She. I really enjoyed what you wrote. Also you have reminded me that I have a poor, lonely starving blog out there which desperately wants a post! I feel silly cause it's been a couple of years but who cares right? Thanks for posting. You helped me today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it please. I’ve wanted to start and just don’t commit to it because I don’t know where to start. 🙏🏼

      Delete
  9. Glad to have you back! I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all these comments Christy. You're totally a blogging bad a$$. We all love you, and sometimes, Instagram Stories just isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayyy I miss you here friend! Ditto to Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM from UNITED STATE, my man was cheating on me since last year with his co_worker, i was upset and confused on what to do, i tried my best to win his heart back but all effort was wasted until on 21 of this February when i came across a spiritual man called DR MACK, i saw a many post about his wonderful work and i contact him via his Email and explained to him and he asked for some information which i gave him and he told me that my heart desire will be granted just in 3 days, i was skeptical but i gave me the chance to help me, to my surprise my Boyfriend called me 5 time to tell that he is so sorry and that he wants me back and wants to marry me, everything happened like a dream but i am so happy that i have my boyfriend back and we are planning to get married soon, if you want to Ex back please don’t hesitate to contact____dr_mack@yahoo.com…..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to testify to the general public how my relationship was restored back by the great power's of Robinson buckler after three months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Robinson Buckler that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily married. All thanks to Robinson buckler for his wonderful spiritual help. You can contact him on his via email robinsonbuckler@hotmail. com if you have similar problem, or any solution you may need.....

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...