Friday, November 23, 2012

Seven Quick Takes + What I Wore on a the day that coincided with American Thanksgiving

Once again joining Jen for Quick Takes, go see her!

{one}

Ok, so I totally chickened out in solo posting this awful, awful picture of myself, but in the interest of providing a good laugh for everyone here's what I wore yesterday for Thanksgiving, aka in Canada: November 22. 


That's right. My normal, everyday, non-turkey eating attire. A riveting combination of purple yoga pants, black striped shirt, and a very purple grandpa sweater. Clearly, this was taken late at night so my fabulous shoes are missing, but they too were pretty amazing in being ginormous snowboots. 
Sweater: Superstore
Top: Superstore
Yoga Pants: Costco.

You're welcome, Grace

{two}

Can I just fully admit that I really love not having to celebrate a gigantic holiday less than a month before Christmas?! Because I really do love it. I really love not having to freak out about cooking and entertaining and not drinking too much in front of the in-laws, I mean, entertaining... all a few short weeks before we have to, HAVE TO, do it all over for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I lack a keen insight into the American mind because of this. Or maybe I'm the Thanksgiving version of the Grinch. 

I could totally go for some leftovers today though!

{three}



I can't believe this boy is almost walking. And by almost I mean, it could happen any month now. But still! He's going to be 1 in a month! Somehow this year flew by. It must have been all the diapers.

He's so darn cute. He loves mischeif and following the older babies around, finding trouble, and/or boxes of cereal to dump on the floor. Its a fun, troublesome, sometimes high-maintenence age, but I figure I should enjoy it while I can because its gone so fast. I feel some days like I can't even remember what the others were like at this age...which is crazy because it was like a year ago! 

{four} 

Its also been really cold again this week, I so miss the days where the kids could just play out on the deck or the lawn and make noise away from me. Its the break from noise that is the biggest loss I think. The basement just isn't far enough away or soundproof enough. And winter lasts too long. Again, my long list of complaints for you. 

{five}



I just finished Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons and it is a classic for a reason! Such great writing, so very funny, and a great female character that should be as well known as Anne of Green Gables. Everyone should read it. 
Everyone should probably read it once a year!
How's that for a ringing endorsement??

{six}

I love how the James Bond movie has become the international movie of husband and wives going on a yearly date. For some reason women make a compromise in the action movie department? Yeah, the reason is Daniel Craig, I know. I thought it was pretty good. I don't know what people expect from a James Bond movie but I thought it was definitely an improvement from that really awful last one, that story was so long and boring and didn't make much sense so this one could only go up. And Javier Bardem plays the weirdest bad guys. Oh, and I really love the snotty, cardigan-wearing, Q. And I love Judi Dench.

{seven}


I found this great pillow at HomeSense the other day and I pretty much love it. And I love it more because it was $13.99! 

That's all I've got this week. I feel as if I'm stuck in a bit of a rut of not being too interesting and a little shallow. I'll try and sleep and think deep thoughts this weekend for next time!



1 comment:

  1. Love the pillow and we haven't seen 007...YET....TBA, though! Love you daily wear/thanksgving (american) wear, super comfy and completely my style!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...