Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sucked back into Flannery O'Connor


Partly because I've been on the fence about what kind of novel to read next, and partly because I lack both time and attention span, I started re-reading Flannery O'Connor's short stories. I thought I'd just give myself a refresher on my favs but pretty soon I was totally sucked in and reading some stories I've never read before.

Its incredible how great her writing is that by somehow swirling these bizarre characters with brutal incidents beautiful profound tales emerge. My favourite part in reading anything she writes is the feeling of not knowing whats going on in the beginning of the story and being blown away by the time I read the last sentence! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...