Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas time survival while 8 months pregnant



I made it through Christmas!

Christmas was so much fun with the babies. They all enjoyed every part, even fighting over new toys, I could tell! Their joys are so genuine and enthusiastic. I wish I could bottle it up. And I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be. I mean, I was wrecked by about 9 pm, but managed to play games, enjoy the kids, and eat too much. Which is pretty much my whole to-do list for Christmas.

Yesterday when I woke up I was so surprised by the relief I felt at not having gone into labor over Christmas! There was nary a contraction. I didn't think I was stressed out about it at all. I don't mind which date this baby decides to pop out, it will always be their very own birthday, and our plans were not susceptible to being disrupted. But yesterday I woke up feeling relieved and accomplished. I guess thats what happens when each and every person you speak too about your due date always likes to mention, "maybe you'll have a Christmas baby!" As if its some dreaded alignment of the planets, or an all-ruining event. However, for future reference its not the sweetest thing to say to a pregnant woman. All comments that add unnecessary birth-related stress are completely unwelcome. 

The thin line of 8 month pregnant sanity is getting thinner by the day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...