Wednesday, October 5, 2011

St Francis a day late



G.K. Chesterton on St. Francis of Assisi:

"He plunged after poverty as men have dug madly for gold."

I got to Mass last night on the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi. By myself no less!
It. Was. Awesome.

I am able to get to daily Mass so rarely that its a huge deal now. Add in the fact that there were no kids around and it was heavenly. Well, even more heavenly feeling than usual! I really wish I could get to daily Mass by myself even once every week or two because it really does give so much consolation and comfort. It gives good solitude and prayer time which I've been sorely lacking lately. Its amazing how much you appreciate a Mass with no toddlers!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I love a Mass without toddlers...but I don't remember the last time I've been to one! I always scold myself for not going to daily Mass more often, especially since we live within 5 minutes of the church...but sometimes I feel as though I lose more grace by getting mad at them than I gain! This of course is not true........and sometimes they really are good...but...Mass alone sounds so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...