Monday, June 27, 2011

Home Again


We hiked here.


Tried to look like we weren't being rained on. And I can't believe I'm putting bad picture up!


And ate this!







We had a lovely two nights away in the mountains! I really love getting away even for a night, it changes your perspective on everything it seems. Not only do I feel great having a little time with just my husband to do crazy things like go out for a fancy dinner and just walk and talk together but hotel rooms have a rejuvenating effect on me. And of course the babies seem to want to hug me more once we get home! 


I know I don't get off the ranch much, but this time travelling to tourist-y locations and great restaurants I couldn't help but be left with a little feeling of what I guess would be envy. I couldn't help looking around at people our age seeming to not have a care in the world. Then I would think about how we are in the middle of doing some seriously hard work of raising a family. Not only raising a family, but purposefully trying to live out God's plan. I guess that these feelings of envy, which I don't usually have, stem from how I feel tried and tested lately. I know God is doing some serious testing of me right now, and I know that the other side will be more than worth it, but its the feeling of being tested that I'm not a big fan of. 


On the bright side, I'm so thankful to get a little time away and to be able to come home to my lovey babies and happy home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...